Our primary, flagship, service is conversion rate optimization for ecommerce brands. This is a fully done for you service where our team handles the full conversion rate optimization (CRO) process, including:
- Customer Research and Ideation
- AB Test Design
- AB Test Development
- AB Test Results Interpretation
For brands on Shopify, we also add a fifth step (5. Implementation) where we implement the winning variations on your site.
How it Works
Our conversion optimization strategy and process follows the 4 step process above. Here is exactly how we execute each step for your company.
- Customer Research and Ideation – We base our AB tests on a deep understanding of your customers and their pain points. We implement user research techniques such as: live user testing sessions, word analysis of reviews and testimonials, session recordings, and polls. We then create a spreadsheet of hypothesis of UX changes that could improve conversion rate.
- AB Test Design – We take the top ideas and design variations to the site (product pages, listing pages, cart, checkout, homepage, mobile, desktop, and more) that will test those hypotheses. We get consensus with your team then move to development.
- AB Test Development – Our own developers, well versed in AB test development of ecommerce sites, code the variations in the AB testing platform (we don’t need to touch your server side code). We do this in days, not weeks or months.
- AB Test Results Interpretation – We check and report on results weekly. We are also thorough in analyzing the statistical significance of tests so you don’t falsely declare winners.
- Implementation (Shopify Only) – For Shopify clients, we also have a Shopify development team that can implement winning variations permanently on your site as well make other non-AB test site changes. Reach out to us below to learn more
- Increased site conversion rate – As our case studies show (some are below), our AB tests consistently increase conversion rate by 5%, 10%, 25% and more from homepages, product detail pages, listing pages and more. This provides a massive ROI to the business.
- Better ROI on ad spend and SEO – An improved conversion rate means for the same ad traffic (and thus ad spend) you get more revenue, improving ad campaign ROI. This also applies to organic traffic and SEO efforts.
- No more “loudest voice wins” frustration – Most ecommerce design processes involve gathering in a conference room and endlessly debating each design detail. The loudest voice (or highest ranking person) wins and that experience is implemented. Instead, by building a “test and measure” culture, you’ll let your customers decide on winning site experiences with their clicks and actual purchase decisions.
- Avoid your development bottleneck – We haven’t met an ecommerce company that doesn’t have a development bottleneck. If you have to wait weeks or months for each proposed site change to take effect, it’s hard to make rapid improvements to the business. With us, clients are able to rapidly test site changes and keep the ones that win.
- Know your customers better – Our CRO process has revealed key insights about what customers do and don’t care about. This has benefits outside of site conversion rate, including affecting in store and print ads, brochure copy, and more.
Management Team Backgrounds
Devesh Khanal has been running Growth Rock for over 4 years. He has run hundreds of AB tests across many different businesses, done countless user research studies, and read many nerdy articles about ecommerce UX.
Dan Ramirez, prior to Growth Rock, was Director of UX at GoGoTech, where he managed their AB testing and site development program. He has an extensive background in UX design and quality assurance.
In addition, our team consists of three developers with countless AB tests developed in testing platforms such as Optimizely and VWO, and a quality assurance team member.
ROI and Pricing
An ongoing CRO program like the one we provide is best for ecommerce sites doing at least $5 million or more in annual revenue. For these million dollar and larger ecommerce brands, here is why we think you’ll benefit from choosing to have us run your CRO program:
- Less Expensive: Our monthly rates are far less expensive than building an in house team (by a lot).
- Better Results: We have more experience, a proven system, and can out perform an in house UX designer, who likely optimizes for aesthetic appeal versus increased conversion rate.
- Faster Ramp Up: We hit the ground running with our set process from day one. We’ve executed this process multiple times, no “on the job” learning required.
- More experience: Finding people with real ecommerce AB testing experience is still extremely difficult. We have multiple people who’ve run hundreds of AB tests (maybe more, we’ve lost count).
- More Flexibility: We don’t require a 6 or 12 month contract.
We operate with a monthly retainer, that ranges from $4000 per month to $8,500 per month depending on the size of the site and number of tests per month that we can likely launch.
To apply, please fill out the form: